Just when we thought there was no repeat, Castro has done it to us again. The most painful Open workout of all time, 14.5. 84 Thrusters. 84 Bar-Facing Burpees. 168 miserable repetitions. For Time.
You're allowed to cry, complain, scream, but you have to do them all. So you may as well do them fast.
Hundy sat down with Australia's Greatest CrossFitter, Chad Mackay, and he gave us his advice on how to get the best score on 16.5.
1. Do NOT try and go unbroken on the Thrusters. Even if they feel easy, break up the sets of 21 and 18 otherwise you will pay for it on the Burpees.
2. Try and keep a consistent, controlled pace on the Burpees, until the set of 9. Then pick up the speed.
3. Regulate your breathing on the Thrusters. Try and breath at the top and bottom of each rep and stay focused on that for the whole workout. No matter how much it hurts.
4. Practice a variety of Burpee techniques. Steps, jumps. Think about when you will use them.
5. Give it absolutely everything you have, stay patient, this is it. It will end. The Open will be over after that 168th rep.
Chad wears Hundy OG Tank in Black. It's also available in Coal, Grey and White.
***** HUNDY GIVEAWAY ****